Thursday, July 23, 2009

Hot Dog Pizzas

I am the oldest kid that cooks and I made the first meal. 







Here's the ingredients:
4 hot dog buns (we used gluten free buns)
1/4 of a ketchup bottle
1 pound of sliced mozzarella
4 hot dogs (sliced)



First my mom turned on the broiler.  Next we cut the hot dog buns in half and toasted them under the broiler. 



When they were done toasting we took them out of the oven and let them cool for 5 min.

We switched the oven to 400*.
Slice the hotdogs into little discs.


Then, put the ketchup on the bun, 



















put the cheese over the K... and put the slices of hot dogs on the buns. Put them in the oven and 
let them cook for 5 or 6 min and then you will have hot dog pizzas.



Kids Komments

This meal was not my favorite because I think hot dogs with cheese doesn't mix, but that is only my opinion.

This recipe was adapted from the Rachel Ray Cookbook.




2 comments:

  1. Bravo Celeste!! I tend to agree with you on that cheesey hot dog thing too. Back when your mom and I were young, there use to be hot dogs speckled with cheese throughout. Never my favorite. Or my mom use to mix sliced hot dogs with macaroni and cheese....now that I DID like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kewl - great job Celeste!
    I loved the hot dog/macaroni and cheese combo thing too, LOL!

    ReplyDelete